Scholarship Deadline - August 31, 2020
PRIVACY STATEMENT AND APPLICATION AGREEMENT
I have read the application details and hereby declare that:
I have personally completed the on-line application, addressed all required issues fully and completely and that to the best of my knowledge the information provided in this application is true. I understand that the information provided may be verified upon request.
I consent to the use of my personal information for processing of application and/or if I receive this award, publication of my name and information relating to my educational studies to be released publicly.
I acknowledge and agree to the above privacy statements and use of my personal information by The Canadian Society of Club Managers.
I have read and agree to the eligibility rules and regulations and acceptance conditions of the prize.
For Scholarship Eligibility & Information
$2,000 CSCM-OB SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
WHO WE ARE
The Canadian Society of Club Managers (CSCM) is an organization of over 550 professional managers from golf, city, recreation and yacht clubs across Canada. We are dedicated to the effective and successful management of Clubs through education, networking and professional development opportunities.
THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The scholarship program is administered by the Career Awareness Committee of the Ontario Branch of the CSCM. The purpose of this initiative is to raise awareness of potential career opportunities in the club industry and to recognize the academic accomplishments of students currently enrolled in a related program. In addition to the cash award, Scholarship winners will also receive a one-year complimentary CSCM student membership and a one-year term on the Career Awareness committee.
Two (2) Scholarships in the amount of $2,000.00 each in Canadian dollars will be awarded to two (2) students per year. This award is non-renewable. CSCM reserves the right to change the dates stated below.
| August 31st, 2020
|| Full applications must be completed. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
| Late-September 2020
|| Finalists’ presentation to the Career Awareness Committee.
| Early-October 2020
|| Winners will be notified of decision.
| Early November 2020
Scholarships will be awarded at the 12th Networking Social
- Full time student is enrolled in a degree or diploma program at a recognized Post-Secondary Institution in Ontario and;
- The student has a minimum academic average of 70%; and
- The student is working or has recently worked in an Ontario Branch Member Club of the Canadian Society of Club Managers and shows a continued commitment to the private club industry.
- Complete the on-line application by scanning the QR code below or clicking the ‘Apply Now’ button below.
- Applications MUST be submitted by 5:00 pm (EST) August 31st, 2020. The application will not be eligible for consideration if it is not fully completed and submitted by 5:00 pm on that date.
- Selected qualified finalists should be prepared to make a presentation to a panel of members of the Career Awareness Committee. Topic to be confirmed.
Before you begin your application, you should have the following items electronically:
- A copy of the your most recent transcript;
- A copy of your resume accompanied with a cover letter indicating past contributions to the industry as well as future aspirations/career objectives;
- A letter of endorsement from a Senior Manager or General Manager of the Club where you are or were employed should accompany this application for the scholarship. This manager must be a current CSCM member. The letter should include a brief history of the student’s involvement in the Club Industry and his/her continuing interest in working in the Club Industry; and
- An additional letter of reference from a Club Member, co-worker or manager.
For questions about the scholarship program guidelines, how to apply, and the review process contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.