The CMAC National Board has established a program to provide financial support for those CMAC members wishing to register for BMI or CMI courses as part of their professional development requirements to earn the CCM or CCE designation.
Subject to the funding parameters set out below, CMAC members may apply to the Professional Manager Development Fund Committee for a bursary to cover all or part of the cost of registration for the required BMI or CMI course, less applicable taxes.
You can download a fillable application form for the Joe Perdue Bursaries here.
All applications must be completed in detail and received by CMAC
no later than midnight ET March 1 or September 1
General Conditions and Eligibility:
• All Professional members in good standing with CMAC may qualify for a bursary.
• Applications must be sent to email@example.com
• The approved BMI or CMI course must be initiated/completed within 6 months of the award of the bursary. If the BMI or CMI is not taken within this timeframe, the individual must re-apply for approval of the funds.
• Approval for BMI or CMI bursaries will only be available for those courses currently offered.
• CMI bursaries will only be awarded for professional development requirements to earn the CCM designation.
• All award decisions are final.
• Applications must be complete and include all required supporting documentation.
• Weight may apply to members who have not received prior CMAC funding support.
• Where and when possible, a balance between regions of the CMAC shall be considered in the granting of bursaries.
• Weight may apply to applicants from clubs with smaller operating budgets and revenue generation..
• Consideration will apply to involvement and contribution as a CMAC volunteer.
Notification and Payment:
• CMAC will notify all applicants of the PMD Fund Committee decision on the outcomes of the member’s application.
• Payment of the bursary shall be made upon confirmation from CMAA or CMAC of the successful completion of the course indicated in the bursary application.
• T4A tax forms issued annually by CMAC for those recipients who have paid for and are receiving the bursary personally.
The following information must be included in the application submission:
• Cover letter outlining the request and the reasons CMAC should grant you a bursary.
• Letter of support from the Club where you are employed (from the General Manager, President, Executive Committee, owner, etc.).
• Summary of activities, merits, accomplishments relevant to and supportive of the application.