|CSCM Contact Information
Melody Lau, DES
Coordinator, Professional Development
416-979-0640 X 235
For Immediate Release
The Canadian Society of Club Managers Announce 2021 Award Recipients
TORONTO, Ontario (August 13, 2021) – The Canadian Society of Club Managers (CSCM) is pleased to announce and congratulate the recipients of CSCM’s 2021 Awards Program. The awards ceremony will take place on Sunday, October 3, 2021 at the National Conference in Montreal.
The award recipients are:
William Morari, The National Club, Toronto, ON
Club Manager of the Year
Trevor Noonan, CCM, CCE, Toronto Club, Toronto, ON
Brynn Labbett, York Downs Golf & Country Club, Markham, ON
Honourary Life Membership Award
Cameron Gray, CCM, St. Charles Country Club, Winnipeg, MB (retired)
In addition, the following members will be honoured for recently receiving their Certified Club Manager (CCM) designation:
• Carmen Amato, CCM, Coppinwood Golf Club, Uxbridge, ON
• Eric Baldwin, CCM, The Badminton and Racquet Club of Toronto, Toronto, ON
• Lisa Brown, CCM, Rosedale Golf Club, Toronto, ON
• Rick Cooke, CCM, CPA, CGA, CIM, C.Mgr, The Glencoe Club, Calgary, AB
• Simon Gatrell, CCM, CMM, Royal Victoria Yacht Club, Victoria, BC
• Jeff Germond, CCM, Mississaugua Golf & Country Club, Mississauga, ON
• Martina Herling, CCM, Ontario Racquet Club, Mississauga, ON
• Chris Jennings, CCM, Maui Country Club, Paia, Hawaii
• Brice MacDermott, CCM, Windermere Golf & Country Club, Edmonton, AB
• Liz McDowell, CCM, CPA, CA, York Downs Golf & Country Club, Markham, ON
• Christopher Pinto, CCM, Muskoka Lakes Golf & Country Club, Port Carling, ON
• Joyel Singfield, CCM, The Royal Ottawa Golf Club, Gatineau, QC
The annual awards program honours members who have made a significant contribution to the Society and the profession of club management in Canada, supporting CSCM’s mission to offer quality education and networking opportunities. Annually, members are invited to nominate peers in the industry. All nomination submissions are carefully reviewed by the Awards Committee and recipients are selected based on specific criteria.
Jana-Lyn Fairbairn, CCM, Member of the CSCM National Board of Directors and Chair of the Awards Committee remarked, “We thank everyone who participated this year. It gives me great pleasure to congratulate these deserving award recipients after a particularly extraordinary year in the club industry. They are wonderful representatives of their profession and of the Society.”
Suzanne Godbehere, Chief Executive Officer of CSCM, said, “The announcement of the award recipients is always an exciting time for the CSCM and its members. We are especially delighted to be recognizing an unprecedented number of new Certified Club Manager (CCM) designates at this year’s award ceremonies. We look forward to celebrating their achievements along with the award recipients in Montreal.”
For further details regarding the CSCM Awards Program & Application Process, please visit: CSCM Awards Program.
Information about the CSCM’s 2021 National Conference can be found here: Ça va bien aller.
About The Canadian Society of Club Managers
Established in 1957, CSCM is the national professional society representing the club management profession in Canada. Of our approximately 600 members, over 70% are from golf clubs, and the remainder from a variety of city, recreation, fitness, curling and other types of clubs.
The Society’s members hold position titles that include General Manager, Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer as well as Assistant Manager, Clubhouse Manager, Controller and Food and Beverage Manager.