CSCM National Office is seeking to fill the following position:
The Director, Professional Development is to design, develop, and deliver high quality professional development to assist CSCM members be more successful. The CSCM’s education is currently delivered via national conferences, workshops, awards, webinars and a quarterly magazine.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director will be supported by a Coordinator, Professional Development, as well as external training providers. This role is best suited to a hands-on strategic thinker, willing to manage the detail while striving to better the value offered to members of CSCM. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of all aspects of planning and executing national events and conferences in conjunction with Branch planning committees. The Director is responsible for engaging with stakeholders and ensuring that all education programs are executed efficiently, on time, and within established budgets.
As the second senior manager in the CSCM National Office this individual will also be responsible for working on special projects, as requested by the Chief Executive Officer, and should be proficient at delivering presentations; preparing budgets; managing committee meetings and supervising staff. From time to time the Chief Executive Officer may request the Director to attend meetings or events on their behalf to represent the Society.
• Strong people management and leadership skills are required
• Top-notch project management skills, including planning, implementation and evaluation
• Excellent marketing and communications skills (written and oral)
• Customer/Member service focused
• Creative and entrepreneurial with the ability to adapt to change proactively and positively
• Strong computer skills
• Self-motivated with ability to work in a team environment with internal and external partners
• Bilingual in English and French is considered an asset
• Volunteer management and/or not-for profit work experience considered an asset
• CAE or CMP designation desirable
• Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours (early mornings, evenings and weekends)
• Understanding of the hospitality and/or club management industry desirable
Please apply with résumé and cover letter, in confidence, including a statement of compensation expectations. Applications are to be directed to (please do not contact the CSCM directly) – The Portage Group Inc.
Attention: Jack Shand, FCMC, Executive Partner
Questions may also be directed to the email address.
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note the position will work virtually until conditions permit a return to the office. CSCM’s office is in Etobicoke, ON.